GARY CALLAHAN MHA BIO
GARY CALLAHAN MHA
Originally from Indianapolis, Mr. Callahan has a B. S. from Indiana University and a MHA from Indiana School of Medicine. Mr. Callahan has been actively involved in healthcare management for 40 years of which 32 have been in the Metro Chicago healthcare community. Mr. Callahan also has a strong investor-owned healthcare background. Within his Hospital operations skill set are the following:
* Extensive physician market expertise
* Successful developer of various outpatient clinical operations
* Knowledgeable of healthcare Payor operations
* Proven Accounts Receivable management skills
* Start Up and Turnaround expertise in both inpatient and outpatient operations
* Hands on operations and facility management
Mr. Callahan has operational and financial expertise in the following areas:
* Short term acute care * SNF
* Long term acute care * Occupational Health
* Behavioral (Psych & Drug/Alcohol) * Comprehensive Rehab
* Dual Diagnosis acute care * Eating Disorders
* Male Sexual Dysfunction * Podiatric Residency
Other professional accomplishments include:
* Responsibility/coordination of a $6.4 million building renovation & expansion
* Assisted in the development of a new CARF-Accredited 100 bed Comprehensive Rehab operation for an NME New Orleans Hospital
* Initiated the purchase of a UHS 65 bed Champaign, IL hospital to Carle Clinic
* Start Up of the first Metro Chicago long term care hospital for Vencor
* Helped in the management of an IPA with a membership of 12,000 lives
* Successful operations and financial turnaround of Loretto Hospital (Chicago) from a prior $6,000,000 annual deficit
* Expanded the limited contracted provider network in Metro Chicago to all of Illinois for a regional HMO/PPO/POS health insurance payor.
* Was involved in the start up of a Physician Services Organization that would provided a comprehensive range of Managed Care contracts, Physician Practice Management services and various financial/insurance products.
* Managed the acquisition, financing, clinical development and day to day operations of a downtown Chicago ASC.
* Helped develop a new Chicago ASC and Comprehensive Ancillary Center as a conceptual “Hospital without Beds” for the independent physician community.
ONGOING: Providing clinical and financial consulting services to independent ASC’s, Physician Practices, and Ancillary Healthcare Providers.